Thursday, January 2

A Year in Review: Hair Care



The past year I struggled with hair that had a mind of its own. It was also the year that I decided going from dark brown to fully blonde was also a good idea (sigh). Throughout the year I have acquired an enormous amount of hair products to save my dry damaged hair. I don't know where I would be without these few staples in my life.

Once a week I use the Davines Momo Shampoo  to give my hair a nice cleanse. This shampoo is made for dehydrated hair and has the most pleasant refreshing scent. It has a hefty price tag at $24 but I can definitely feel a difference in my hair after using this. When my hair is somewhere between wet and damp I take 2 pumps of the Pureology Hydrate Shine Max serum and spread it through the ends of my hair. This leaves me with smooth and soft hair. I also love that this doesn't have an extremely strong scent, most of the times I don't even notice it has a scent. Even though this is a serum it doesn't leave my fine hair weighed down.

I don't try many new styling products because when I find something I love I cling on. If I want to create voluminous wavy hair I usually opt for the Giovanni Natural Hair Mousse. It contains all natural ingredients and oils. While creating beautiful volume it is also good for my hair. Unlike most mousses this one doesn't make my hair shed like crazy afterwards. I typically apply 2 to 3 pumps all over and let it air dry. Perfect for the lazy summer days. Another natural hair product that I love is the Desert Essence Hair Lotion . This smells like a Hawaiian getaway. I apply a tiny bit through the ends and this lotion nourishes my hair all day long. I've had this bottle for over a year and have used it almost daily and yet I am not even halfway done. This is definitely a must have for dehydrated hair filled with nourishing Coconut oil, Vitamin E, and Panthenol.

I only recently got my hands on the Dove Dry Shampoo it is so affordable and does wonders. I've tried a boat load of dry shampoos and most simply weighed down my fine long hair and leave me with white residue. The Dove Dry shampoo creates big voluminous hair without any white residue that lasts all day. This definitely helped me go from washing my hair everyday to once every 3 days. The only downside is the strong floral grandma smell...maybe they make this in an unscented formula. The Living Proof Full Thickening Cream  is my go to for over the top blow dried hair. Every time I use this I like to pretend I'm Jennifer Aniston, I've been watching too much Friends. There is not much to say about this other than that it's lightweight and does exactly what it says it would.

What were your favorite hair products of 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment