Friday, December 18

Christmas Wishlist 2015

Christmas Wishlist 2015




Yves Saint Laurent fragrance, $120 / Clinique facial cleanser / Acne Studios fringe scarve, $165 / Prada black and white tote / NIKE activewear pants, $110 / Diptyque home decor / MOLESKINE Classic Soft Cover Planners notebooks / Fake fur blanket, $45 / Kevyn Aucoin The Contour Book Volume II for Holiday 2015




It's the time of the year where the inner hoarder and compulsive buyer deep within me emerges. I absolutely love an excuse to buy something that I usually won't let myself. I try to find gifts that I usually wouldn't buy for myself so that I can test out some new products or have a little piece of luxury. I try to be fairly frugal for most of the year, but once Christmas comes... This year I was surprised by the fact that I really couldn't find many beauty bits that I wanted to add to my collection. I've been getting good at shopping my stash in the past years, lord knows I could glam up a small village with all the products I've accumulated in the past. But the Kevyn Aucoin palette is possibly one of those exceptions. The contour colors are all full-sized and I've only heard amazing reviews about them.

Christmas is also the time for new scents. I feel like Christmas is nothing without certain scents like hot chocolate, pine, and chocolate orange. A little twist on the variation of those is the Black Opium fragrance. It reminds me of being cozy and warm, there is also a undertone of coffee in it. It is one of those smells that just gets better with time as it sinks into your skin.  And Christmas would not be the same without candles. I have at least two burning every time I am at home. Even if they have no scent the flickering of the flame puts me at ease. The Diptyque candles are a bit pricey but they are a nice toned down scent. The older I get the more scented candles, such as those from Bath and Body Works, begin to give me headaches from their concentrated and sickly synthetic smells. The ones I have left I don't even burn anymore and just open the lid and let the scent permeate the air.

I usually include clothing in my wishlist and this year I have been obsessed with scarfs. I have to say that Santa has been very generous this year and this glorious Acne is already awaiting me under the Christmas tree. It is one of the softest and warmest oversized scarfs I have ever owned and can already envision myself living in it all winter long. I would recommend this to everyone as a luxurious treat.

To conclude my eclectic list I had some little additions that bare along the necessities line. I've been working out quite a lot in the past 6 months and a new pair of leggings is never a bad idea. Any type of new workout clothes keep you motivated and in style. A new Moleskine because organization is almost like a hobby to me.

And lastly rounding off the list with a luxurious faux fur blanket to snuggle in. Let's not forget the glorious Prada bag that I've drooled over for at least 3 years, we can all dream right?

So what's on your Christmas wishlist this year?      

12 comments:

  1. These are definitely lovely items & I would love to get any of them too! I have a tiny sample of the perfume and it smells so delicious xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like you, I go a bit crazy at Christmas when it comes to spending! The festivities just get me in the spending spirit haha. I am totally obsessed with Black Opium too!

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god I NEED that blanket! It would so cute on my couch!! I LOVE moleskin notebooks as well! They're just the best!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
  4. i swear by moleskins. i have the large professional which i use to project plan for my blog and i LOVE the large cahier styles with the cardboard covers. i use those for journalling. the small cahiers i use to keep in my purse for whatever thoughts i need to jot down during the day. honestly they're an expensive notebook but the writing experience is truly far superior.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I love slowly growing a collection and going through all of them once in a while.

      -Julia

      Delete
  5. Great wish list, I absolutely love those candles!

    xx

    Marietta

    www.theurbanslang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge candle lover so I would be so happy to get the Holiday candle set! Great wish list :)

    http://imperfectlyrachel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obviously Christmas has passed but everything on that wishlist is the dream, I love nike workout wear, moleskin notebooks, faux fur rugs <3<3 x

    ReplyDelete